Have you ever lost your keys in the dark abyss that is your kitchen? Has this induced panic?
Don’t worry. We all do it! But there is a simple solution to make sure that never happens again, and it’s even better news for your wallet: bamboo kitchen organizers. Many people don’t realize they already have them, but nearly all kitchen cabinets come with a metal rod built-in. But most people also don’t realize they can be used to make an entire bamboo organizer, saving you lots of time and money.
What is a bamboo kitchen organizer?
It is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a storage system made out of bamboo. The most common type of this utensil is just a rod with hooks that can be used to hang pots, pans, utensils, and even spices off of it. Another organizational system that uses bamboo is just small containers usually mounted on or attached to the inside of your kitchen cabinets by sticky pads provided by the manufacturer.
So, what are some of the benefits?
Budget-friendly. Bamboo is cheaper than metal, so you will save money in the long run by not having to replace your metal rod or buying additional cabinets to hold your spices or pots and pans. If you are using a bamboo kitchen organizer for pots and pans, you can mount it yourself with a drill and some screws for a cheap price.
Space saver. Mounting a rod inside your cabinets frees up space in your drawers, which is especially great if you have limited kitchen counter space. Bamboo kitchen organizers are also an excellent idea for small kitchens or kitchens with limited storage areas since they take up way less room than the average kitchen cabinet.
Eco-friendly. Bamboo is one of the fastest-growing plants, so harvesting it does not affect habitats or existing plant life like trees used for wood. Harvesting bamboo on a large scale would increase land demand and cause deforestation, which reduces habitat size (and therefore biodiversity and increases greenhouse gas emissions; but bamboo can be grown quickly and sustainably on a small scale
Now that you know what bamboo kitchen organizers are, how do you clean them? Here’s a guide:
- Wipe it down with a damp cloth to remove dirt or grease. For especially sticky messes, use a paper towel to scrub the area.
- Wash with warm water and dish soap.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue; make sure it is completely dry before reattaching to the metal rod or placing it inside cabinets. Remember, don’t put bamboo in the dishwasher! Bamboo gets weaker when wet, so leaving it in the dishwasher will cause it to bend out of shape.
Remember, bamboo is a natural product so be wise about where you put your kitchen organizers. Avoid leaving them in the sun or near heat sources since this could cause them to dry out and break
If they are starting to look dirty after several months of use, wipe them down with a solution of vinegar and warm water, then rinse
Do not use any chemical cleaners on them; if you do, they will lose their sheen and natural luster. This includes anything containing chlorine or bleach even mild soaps such as Tide can remove the surface luster of bamboo
Do not place anything that has a strong odor inside the containers, otherwise, it will absorb the smell. Otherwise, they are easy to clean and maintain!
Now that you know how to keep your kitchen organizer clean, remember to keep it safe. You can avoid damaging your cabinets or tearing up countertops by making sure the organizer does not rub against them.
Now that you know how to clean a bamboo kitchen organizer, happy organizing!
Can you wash bamboo trays?
Yes, you can wash a bamboo kitchen organizer! The bamboo organizer is great for storing and organizing your kitchen utensils. Not only that, the look of bamboo is very nice in any modern home or business building. One common problem with this kind of storage unit is that dust and dirt build up over time.
This makes it hard to keep clean. The good thing is that the solution to this problem is relatively simple, and doesn’t take too much time or effort. Keep reading for more information about keeping your bamboo kitchen organizer clean!
How do you clean bamboo trivets?
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (355 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Place one bamboo trivet inside an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes. This will kill any remaining bacteria on the trivets.
- Unwrap the hot baking sheet from around the bamboo trivet, and let it cool.
How do you clean the bamboo countertops?
- Mix equal parts baking soda and water (¾ cup each). You may also substitute hydrogen peroxide for the baking soda if desired.
- Cover the entire board of bamboo with the mixture, making sure to dampen any grooves or detailing on it as well. Allow this to sit for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Remove the baking soda mixture from the bamboo countertop, and wipe it down using a damp cloth or sponge before rinsing with water.
How do you clean bamboo cutting boards?
- In a spray bottle, mix equal parts vinegar and water (¾ cup each). Use this mixture to dampen a rag, and wipe down the bamboo cutting board.
- Scrub any heavily soiled areas with a soft-bristled brush dipped in baking soda mixed with water (¾ cup each).
- Rinse the entire board clean using a cloth dampened with plain water. If necessary, repeat this entire process.
How do you clean a bamboo knife block?
- Remove the knives from the block, and wipe down each blade with a soft rag dipped in vinegar mixed with water (¾ cup each).
- For grooves or crevices where bacteria may be hiding, use a cotton swab to apply hydrogen peroxide to the area.
- Wipe all blades dry with a clean rag, then place them back in the bamboo knife block. Make sure that they are fully submerged in order to avoid oxidization of the metal blades.