If you are diet-conscious yet love a delicious snack, your savior is the air fryer. And when it comes to the air fryer, Instant Pot itself makes it to the top. However, even top-notch appliances can get dirty with daily or frequent use.
And an air fryer basket builds grease and residues pretty easily. So, if you are here to know how to clean instant pot air fryer basket, you can end your searches here!
Not everyone has those expensive dishwashing liquids or machines to deal with the dirty mess. Therefore, we have listed down the methods that require easily available ingredients at home. So, go through the techniques below to choose the one that seems doable to you.
How to Clean Instant Pot Air Fryer Basket:
Cleaning an Instant Pot air fryer basket is an easy-peasy task only if you know what ingredients and tricks to use. Choose any of the methods described below and make your air fryer shine like brand new. Do not forget to unplug the air fryer before cleaning it –
- Use Soapy Water
Using soapy water is one of the easiest and most cost-friendly methods to clean air fryer. All you have to do is –
- Carefully detach the Instant Pot air fryer attachment and let the basket cool down if it is warm. Meanwhile, pour some liquid dish soap into warm water and stir the ingredients together to create foam.
- Then, soak the basket in soapy water for two to three hours.
- After a few hours, rinse the basket with clean water and dry it off with a clean cloth.
- Apply Baking Soda Paste
If you frequently bake items in your fryer, it is likely to have baked-on grease or hard residues left on its basket. And such filthy dirt doesn’t come off easily with only soapy water. You have to do the following to clean it –
- Add a few tablespoons of baking soda to a bowl and sprinkle some white vinegar into it. Wear gloves and use your hands or spoon to mix the ingredients to form a thick paste. Note that the solution should not be too runny. Otherwise, it cannot coat the base or basket.
- Now, spread the paste throughout the cooking basket and leave it for 40 minutes to one hour, depending on the amount of grease.
- Take a bristle brush and scrub the base to remove all the grease or residues.
- Once the stains and filths are out, rinse the air fryer with water. Do not forget to wipe off the nooks and crannies of the base to remove the thick paste. However, if you do not have baking soda available at home, go for the alternative method listed below.
- Use Lemon Water
Lemon is easily available in every kitchen. And it is one of the few natural ingredients that help to get baked-on residues off a pan or air fryer basket. Just follow the steps below to give a shine to the dirty basket –
- Cut one-half of a lemon into slices and add to a pot of water and boil the water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour the boiling water over the messy dirt of the basket and leave it for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- With a bristle brush, scrub gently to remove the mess or grease.
- Take a clean cloth and sprinkle some white vinegar over it. Then with the cloth, wipe the base off.
- Finally, run the air fryer basket under warm or cold water.
- Using the Dishwasher
If your instant pot air fryer material is dishwasher safe, you can consider using the machine. Only if the basket is not filthy enough, then follow the instructions below –
- Place the basket into the dishwasher and let the machine do its work.
- After getting the air fryer attachment out of the machine, scrub it with a sponge. Then rinse it with clean water.
How Often Should You Clean The Air Fryer Basket?
The basket of an air fryer is one of the most important parts to use the appliance properly. So, you need to clean the basket after every use. However, note down these tips to know how often you should clean it –
- If you grease the basket with oil or butter on a regular basis while air-frying, you must clean it daily with baking soda or lemon water. Thus, no stain can form.
- However, if there is no baked-on grease or stain on the cooking base and you use it weekly or biweekly, it is better to place it in the dishwasher once a week.
- Note that you do not always have to use water to clean the base. You can clean the base with kitchen tissue daily to maintain the shine.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q’s):
- Is the Instant Pot Air Fryer Basket Material Dishwasher-friendly?
Most Instant Pot air fryer baskets are safe to clean in the dishwasher. However, you can go through the owner manual or contact the manufacturer’s customer care to clear your doubts.
- What Happens If You Don’t Clean Air Fryer Basket?
If you leave the cooking basket dirty, it can lead to poor performance of the appliance. And the baked foods can taste sour due to the baked-on residues on the basket. Also, the appliance can catch on fire due to stored grease or residues.
- What is the Best Way to Clean an Air Fryer Basket?
The best way to clean an air fryer base or basket is to use soapy water and scrub off the dirt. Because this method not only removes the grease but also maintains the shine of the basket.
Frankly speaking, an air fryer is a tricky appliance to clean. Because a little carelessness can get you electrocuted. So, it is pretty usual for you to look for how to clean instant pot air fryer basket, especially if you want to know the cleaning methods that involve little to zero risk factors.
Considering your concerns, we have described the safe and easy-to-do methods that can remove stubborn dirt.