As the Himalayan salt rocks are larger, it is better to grind them using a grinder. However, as much as the grinder is quick to use, its lids can give you a hard time opening it. Why? Because they can get too jammed or tight at times. And you are probably here to know how to open Himalayan pink salt grinder without any hassle.
Knowing to open a salt grinder is not enough to maintain its components and functionality. You need to follow some tips as well to prevent the lids from being too tight to open.
And keeping these factors in mind, we will include the tips along with the process of opening the grinder.
Whether you want to refill, clean, or adjust the salt amount in the pink salt grinder, you have to open it at any cost. But as there are different versions of the grinder in specific structures, you may struggle to open the lid.
So, here is what you need to do based on the model of the grinder and your purpose –
Step 1: Rotate the Lid
If you need to refill the grinder, you should open the whole lid. But if it doesn’t have any separate parts, then turn the entire lid anticlockwise in order to open the grinder.
Step 2: Pull the Upper Lid
Some of the grinders come with separate lid parts. In that case, gently pull the upper part of the lid. And you will be able to refill or empty the grinder.
Step 3: Adjust the Grinder and Open It
If you have never used a pink salt grinder before, you might want to open the upper lid only to grind the salt. So, remove the upper lid by pulling or turning it anticlockwise. Then take off the food safety seal.
Put the lid back in its place and rotate clockwise. After adjusting the grinder, remove the plastic lid attached to the main in order to set the grind size and grind the salt.
Step 4: Use Gloves or Towel
Sometimes, the grinder lids are so tight that you fail to rotate and open them. In such cases, you should wear rubber or latex gloves and try rotating them. The gloves will give you more grip.
Remember that if you do not maintain and use your grinder properly, the grinder will be clogged. Besides, it can stop working, and you might not be able to open it. So, to prevent that from happening, go through our next section .
What to Do to Open the Pink Salt Grinder without Any Issue?
The mechanism of the Himalayan pink salt grinder is not complicated. But the mechanism can clog or stop working if you do not maintain the grinder and the ingredients. So, here is what to do to keep the lids from being clogged or jammed:
- Before refilling the grinder with pink salt or any other spices, make sure that the ingredients are not damp. If they are, dry them out and place them in the grinder once there is no moisture left. Otherwise, the damp particles can be stuck on the lids or other parts of the grinder. And you will have a difficult time opening the grinder.
- After cleaning the grinder, do not forget to clean it with a dry and clean cloth. And let it air-dry for a day. Otherwise, if you refill spices in it, they will absorb moisture and form clumps. And the clumpy spices will block the lids or grinding components.
- It is better to take a dry brush to clean the grinding components and remove any clumps or residue of the salt to prevent the lids from getting too tight to open.
- If you do not have enough sunlight in your region to air-dry the moisture of the grinder, place some dry rock or sea salt inside the grinder. And those ingredients will soak the moisture after a day or so.
- Due to corrosion, the lids can be difficult to open. Especially if you have been using the grinder for a long time. So, brush a little amount of cooking oil to the lids and thread parts of the grinder. It will help you rotate the lids smoothly.
- If you cannot grind whole black pepper or other spices with it, it is better not to keep them inside the grinder. Because spices not meant for the grinder can mess up with its mechanism and components.
- You can check the manual of the grinder to maintain it correctly. And you will also know what spices or salt you should avoid filling inside.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q’s):
- Why Does the Lid of the Himalayan Pink Salt Grinder Become Too Tight to Open?
Sometimes, grinder lids can get too tight due to corrosion, hardened spices, and moisture. Also, if the salt rocks or whole spices get stuck to the components, you will struggle opening the lids.
- Will Lubricating the Grinder Components Tighten the Lids?
If you lubricate the grinder using a little amount of oil, it will not damage the components or lids. But if the oil is too much, the salt can become clumpy due to the oil. And the clumps will tighten the lids.
- How Often Should You Clean a Salt Grinder?
You should clean your salt grinder once a month to keep its components functional and corrosion free. However, if you notice any clumped salt inside, you should immediately empty the grinder and clean it.
Pink salt grinders come in many sizes, shapes, and structures. And the mechanism to open the lids can be slightly different at times. So, you are not alone in looking for how to open Himalayan pink salt grinder, especially if you have never used it before.
Sometimes, rotating the lids will not be enough to open the grinder. And to get rid of the issue, you can apply the tips listed above.